Saturday, April 29, 2006

Off the needles

Ahhhhh. One more thing off the needles. Tiny project? Yes, it's a preemie hat. That's Pee-Wee's real size doll filling in for a model today. I am accomplishing things. My goal is to finish all the works in progress so I don't have to pack them on needles to go back home. It'll take some control to not start any new projects. Maybe I should go ahead and pack up the yarn now...

My dye-it-yourself yarn came yesterday. I was taping down paper to protect the floors from the painters (a lesson I wish I had learned before the sheetrock guys left us with a snowstorm of dust and big drops of goo on the floor) and the mailman tossed it in the open door. I had to wait to open it so I wouldn't go and get it dusty. All the wait was really anti-climactic when finally ripped into the package. It's white yarn. Not sure what I was expecting.

And not sure what we will get either. It's a project for Big Brother to help me with. We're going to go get four different Kool-aid colors and give it a try. This is completely new territory so it should be a comedy of errors. When Big Brother is done with his track meet we'll go shopping for supplies. We'll just have to keep Pee-Wee out of the mess!