Saturday, June 24, 2006

Back to knitting

I know- this is supposed to be somewhat about knitting. Well, life throws us curve balls every once in a while.

PeeWee came through the cardiac catheter with flying colors. Her doctor was very pleased with the results. She did very well and I can tell she seems much perkier. It was a long 24 hrs. I hate the hospital, but our PICU has been redone and it is very nice. Kind of like a hotel. Makes it easier on every body involved. PeeWee was ruling the place She decided in preop she had waited patiently enough for long enough, climbed off her bed and went for a walk. She was having a ball, her little diapered heiny hanging out of the back of her hospital gown. Quite the looker.

I had lots of knitting time, just as I had expected. I finished PeeWee's hospital socks just in time. I darned the toes just before they came out and said how well she had done and that we could go on up and see her in her room. I used some leftover Lorna's Laces called Happy, I think. I must learn to save ball bands..... I learned that hospital socks are quite slippery when a toddler decides she's going adventuring throughout her hospital room. I need to figure out a solution to that one

I worked on my exchangee's gifts too. Here's a peek! I love the colors I am working with. And WOW! is all I can say about Rowan's Polar. It is yummy. It is knitting beautifully and cozy as can be. I want a sweater from it. It's really delicious yarn. I like how it blends with the slate floors. I wish the texture of the knitting showed up in this picture. Oh well! It's just a sneak peek! I feeel a little better about getting the time to start working on this project. I worked on another thing for her, but the picture would just give it away completely. I am excited to finish these up and get them shipped! The ship date is going to be here before I know it! Nothing like a dealine to get me moving...