Sunday, June 29, 2008

No place like home

We got back last night. I am glad to be home. Nothing like a trip to the mountains but after about a week I start to really miss being in my house, with my creature comforts and contact with the outside world.  Mainly some news and a little internet would do me a world of good.


I won't deny it... a little TV too.

I need to take some shots of knitting done while up there.  I really thought I was documenting the things done but that was all just an idea in my head it seems.  When the rains stop I'll get some shots of the knitting done.

For now, be satisfied with a preemie hat for some sunny little head:


I have no idea the name of this lace pattern, but it's simply knitting every other round and then knit 2, yo, ssk, k2tog, yo, knit 2 on one round and knit 1, yo, ssk, knit 2, k2tog, yo, knit 1 the other round.  4 round repeats, pretty cool effect.  Any repeat of 8 would work.  I'll write it up as soon as I have the chance.  It would make a good newborn hat.  Or a good grown-up hat.  I promise to get right on that.

The Vanna's Choice worked out well, but I found myself making much larger hats than normal for me.  Simply bigger yarn.  I know they'll get worn though.  These will go into my stash for the big fall push to make hats.  It's gotten my energy back for those little hats.  They are simply too easy to whip up not to.

Some needlepoint was finished, lots of play time, some goofy family stuff.  All in all  good trip.

Much more updating when the laundry's done and things are unpacked.  I'll be catching up everywhere tomorrow.  Can't wait to read everyone's blogs.  Today I was rendered fairly useless with a raging headache.  I've been hoping to out-run a migrane and *think I may luck out this time.