Friday, July 14, 2006

such is life...

In the last 48 hours I have learned:


1) Give a 13 year old boy clippers and permission to cut his hair and you must smile and live with the results. He threatened a mohawk. And he had the nerve to follow through. (kind of proud of that, in fact) Gotta love Big Brother.

2) You can get Sharpie off of beige upholstery with nail polish remover and at least a roll of paper towels. Oh, PeeWee...

3) Sharpie comes off of gray upholstery with Spray n Wash and a stack of terry cloth towels.

4) Worry when your children get quiet. (they are possibly giving themselves crazy haircuts or using permanent markers to redecorate the furniture you have had less than 6 weeks)

5) Laughter makes almost anything bearable. Once it's done, no matter how much you want to run screaming out of the house, there's not much reason to dwell.

{huge sigh inserted here}


So much for not starting anything new. I started a sweater. But, it's stash yarn! And it's a sweater I have been meaning to start for almost two years, so I justified it. Oh well. It's soft and blue- does that help?

Tomorrow I will have some driving time- no, no, no!- RIDING time in the car to work on things.
My One and Only said he'd drive us over the Causeway (longest bridge in the world!) and hang out with his brother while we do girly things. I am going to a wedding shower for our niece, who is getting married in Hawaii next month. The idea of all that time on a plane with PeeWee is INSANE so, as much as we would like to, we aren't going. Now that it is so close, I am a little sorry we decided not to go. That's the way it goes though.

I sent off the Rowan exchange gift! I had to send it mailman postal carrier mail because to send it to Scotland UPS was (gulp!) almost $200.00! That's a lot of yarn!!! I can't wait to find out how she likes it! Yay! I felt so good getting it all finished and packed and shipped right on schedule. And this week, that was really good.