Saturday, June 16, 2007

Vacation!

We're off to the mountains! A week's vacation for the family.

I have packed a whole bunch of knitting. The Sockapalooza second sock, PeeWee's swing coat (to match her pants), and two other socks in progress. Considering it's only a week we'll be gone it sounds like a lot to me. I know I could pack half the car with yarn, but we're going to start the clearing of the house this trip. It's been on the market for over a year and a half with little interest. now that the repairs are pretty much wrapped up and the house has a new kitchen, we're hoping to rekindle interest, possibly dropping the price. (We still have a bit of clutter to deal with, so I had to save SOME room for the trip home.) I am a bit anxious about my projects though because there's not a knitting store up there. Deep breaths, I know I will not run out of knitting, I just have to repeat that over and over.

I have spent the last few days trying to reorganize my life. I backed up all my photographs on my external hard drive, something I had neglected the last few months. It pretty much took the whole day. I keep re-doing my iPod for the drive (10 hours). I did all the laundry and put it away so our house sitter is not sharing the couch with a mound the size of a small beached whale. (Figured I would be less embarrassed if I got it put away.) We've had Big Brother busy too, doing a lot of chores he's been neglecting. For the first time in who knows how long his room is very tidy. He's also challenged when it comes to housekeeping, gets it from me poor kid.

Finally got PeeWee to model her new pants. She loves them and wanted to wear them all day. Try explaining to a two year old that wool pants when it's 89 degrees out is just not the best idea. She sure looks cute in them though! I am really happy with the whole setup.





I have started the top. I am close to finished with the sleeves already! I think when my mother told me it was 58 degrees in the mountains I got inspired. And I feel so clever to have started the sleeves first. Not sure why I never thought of that before, since they can be worse than finishing a second sock.

Not sure if I will be able to get on and post this week. If not I hope everyone has a great week!