Saturday, August 18, 2007

Search and Rescue

I started a sweater for PeeWee, I grabbed two balls of yarn I had bought a while back (sticking to my diet!) and quickly knit up half a sweater. I went into my studio...



And panicked. I could not for the life of me find the other two balls of yarn. I looked all over the place, was really annoyed with myself for this- really why would I split up the balls of yarn in the first place? I went through every bag and box and container. Nothing. I was ready to call it quits, set it aside and hope the yarn tumbled out from somewhere in the great beyond, returned to me by the yarn gnomes who stole it in the first place, little demons!

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a giant Ziploc I had not noticed, hiding under some other debris. (follow the yellow arrow)



A bag of random balls of yarn. ::sigh:: I was hopeful! And indeed, I was rewarded for my massive effort. I found the two other balls of yarn. Phew! This is a quick knit, a top-down raglan bulky fiber, Patons Rumor, which is a nice blend. I love the Moonstone Heather colors. They are PeeWee-tastic! She is all over this sweater. If the temperature would just drop below 95 I might be able to try it on her. Until then I am going to have to be satisfied that it fits. I mean she's grown, but not THAT much!





**For those of you following my yarn diet, I am down two pounds! I really want to be able to shop outside my stash for my Christmas knitting, so I'm sticking to it!