Thursday, January 17, 2008

The house that yarn built

When I leave the house I am usually rewarded.  Today was a winner.  I was running errands and I passed a man wearing a kitchen timer as a hat.  I was not brave enough to snap a picture, when I glanced back he glanced back at the same time or I would have.  It was on like a little bell boy hat.  Fabulous.


A while back I was rewarded with the giant Elvis head man.


I'm wondering... should I worry about PeeWee?  Seems like she may have issues with Big Brother, since that's what she has named this guy...




At least he bathes.

Do you want to help rebuild New Orleans?  Hope over to The House That Yarn Built team Make It Right NOLA.  It's Brad Pitt's rebuilding effort and a great thing.  We gave donations for Christmas gifts.  If yo can donate, make sure you choose the house that yarn built team from the choice of team pages so it gets the credit.  The goal is $10,000, but I think we can do more.  As in build a house.  

Hop on over to Christy's blog to get all the info, make sure you drop her a line if you donate, she's got a contest going on if you participate.  Even if you can't be a part of it, will you spread the word?  Thanks.  Check out the details on the Make It Right page, I think this is a good thing.  The property owners are very involved and it's bringing lots of good to the area.  Ellen Degeneres has a team up and I think it would be great to give them a run for their money.  Look at the Yarn Harlot's Medicines sans Frontiers.