Saturday, January 12, 2008

I am a big whiney baby.


There, I said it.


We've had house guests who I barely know for the last few days and it has turned our house upside down.  I'm a bad hostess, I know it.  I really need a bit of down time every day.  Call me a baby but I like having guests I know who are happy chilling out for a bit of time, I get worn out when someone is 24/7 and I don't know them.  I like having house guests who would understand if I said- I am burnt out, it's cereal for dinner or here is a list of good places to go.  See ya.  (90% of our house guests are like this, they know me)  Staying up late and eating out has made me cranky.  And in a series of bizarre offers from Marky Mark and strange planning on their part, he is driving them home the 9 - 10 hour drive.  Don't ask, he's not even sure how it happened.  So next week is going to be ultra quiet, no guests and no husband!

I have not knit one stitch in ... who knows how many days.  I'm not even sure where the bag with the almost finished periwinkle sweater is!  How's that for a crazy week?  I did get a minute to work on some little hearts.  And I have come up with a great idea.  I have to keep it under wraps, because the execution may not be a simple as the idea and it may flop.  Plus, I tend to jinx things if I let them out of the bag too soon.  But the idea is in my head waiting to get tested out.

I think I have arthritis in my finger.  Anyone know how to find out for sure?  It's been hurting a while now and good and stiff.  It's not essential to knitting, so don't get too concerned.  Is there anything that can be done?

So any bets on when I can get back to knitting?  I finally secured a few minutes last night to catch up on reading everyone's blogs.  Not too big on the commenting because I was tight on time but I sent mental vibage out to those who need it.  I know by the end of the day I'll be backed up again but hoping to be a better commenter and catch-er-up-er.  Bloglines makes it easy to not comment when I am rushing, anyone else find this to be true?