Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Pat me on the back


Yes, indeed, the periwinkle sweater is done.  Finished.  All wrapped up and off the needles.  I love it.


I am still very happy with the yarn, Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran.  The colors have numbers, this one is their periwinkle blue.  I'm happy with the way it fits.  I altered the whole thing a lot, lengthened both the sleeves and the torso, changed the number of buttons, the length of the ribbing, lost the pockets, pretty much everything about it.  The color is a bit richer than what's showing on my monitor.

It's not often I finish something that I know will get a lot of wear other than socks.  It doesn't get too cold here so things other than wraps are not used regularly.  I haven't got the patience for much finishing, I usually rip it out before I am done.  Knitting for PeeWee makes it hard to knit something big enough for me.  It is way too easy to set it aside and start something nice and small which will be done in no time.

What's next?  I have no idea.  I'm hoping to finish Marky Mark's blanket before his birthday at the end of March.  It's gotten so large that I have to sit in the chair and knit it like an old grandma.  It's over 4ft now though, so it's more than halfway done.  I'm just going to knit until I am either so sick of it I want to cry or until I run out of the yarn.

I may do a pinwheel jacket next.  Mulling it over at least.  I have a great mix of yarns I want to work with.  But I also want to work on something quick and sassy, maybe a scarf/hood combo.  Who knows, I did my happy dance when I cast off the last stitches of the sweater yesterday.  I may ride on that high for a few days and decide what I really want to invest my time and energy on this time.