Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Crazy Woman escapes from Home

Run for your lives!  We're on the loose.  I've been packing up for a road trip to the mountains.


I have some super secret knitting on the needles, a nifty little project that hopefully will come out like I am picturing it in my very foggy head.

I have been casting on and ripping things all week so there's just nothing to show.  It's the kids' last week of school.  

Big Brother is leaving for two weeks in Europe (lucky stinker) in the wee hours of the morning, and his stuff is all over the living room floor, couch and coffee table.  Gotta love the way the boy packs.  The biggest thing in his suitcase is lots of snack/survival food.  They are on a tight schedule and the teacher running the show has them with no down time what-so-ever so running to the corner store for a little nibble will not be an option.  He's worried, being a full-time grazer, that he will be hungry.  So he packed up a bunch of snack food stuff and he has filled his suitcase with it.  This kid cracks me up.

PeeWee has been in full swing this week.  Crazy Hat Day, Crazy Hair Day, waterplay, you name it they are doing it all this last week of school.  We're missing the last day, but I figure with her being 3 and all there's not a whole lot she's going to miss that last half-day so we're taking a risk and hitting the road.

Ah, the mountains.  It should be fun.  We have friends coming for the ride and I think Marky Mark may be in a little over his head with this bunch.  Mr Quiet will have no choice but to come on out of his shell and say hello.  Speaking of Mr Quiet... the other night we celebrated the fact that in 8 days both my parents turned 70.  There was a late night adventure which I missed that involved taking the under-aged kids along with their Grand-Dad to see a traditional burlesque show.  The one and only Chris Owens.

I missed the evening, but understand it was quite an event.  It's very audience involved and not only did my 14 year old get on stage and dance, but my 70 year old dad got himself a lap dance.  I have seen videos (wish I could get my hands on one) of my quiet reserved painfully shy husband shaking his booty for all the world to see.  A night out indeed.