Thursday, May 25, 2006

Wires and paint and the stomach bug

It has been a long eleven days...

Both Granny and GrandDad had birthdays- Happy Birthday Mom and Dad! I think it's sweet they have their birthdays 8 days apart. Granny loves that 8 days when she gets to remind him how he's a year older.

PeeWee had a visit to the cardiologist which was okay. A few issues we need to deal with. I am waiting for them to tell me what's what though. They just tell me to treat her like a normal kiddo so I am. She was hooked up for 24 hrs to a portable heart monitor which was a mess. The cardiologist said we might not get a reading since she might mess with the wires. As anyone with kids or who's ever spent more than 10 minutes with a 19 month old can only imagine, she was delighted that there were little wires attached to her. Once she discovered she could also remove the electrode stickers it was all over. I removed the whole setup and packed it away when she was sticking the electrodes to the carpet. I knew it was a lost cause. The doctor's office hasn't called wanting a redo so I hope they got what they were looking for. As you can see, she was loving the gadget!

Big Brother is out of school for the summer! The week of exams was nuts. Without consulting the eternal school calendar I made all sorts of lunch-time plans. Meetings involving busy people who couldn't reschedule any time in the near future. Lots of scrambling to get places on time. Cranky exhaustion. Not pretty. But we survived, and the buzz of the alarm is a sound quickly fading from my memory.....

Not that I am sleeping much anyway. Yesterday PeeWee spent the morning very sick, poor thing! Stomach bug. I spent the morning trying to contain her to a towel or blanket that is easily washed. She felt pretty bad so it wasn't too hard. I felt so bad for her. She seems recovered today though. Big Brother had it a few weeks ago. Hopefully it will bypass the rest of us!

The rest of the time I am not sleeping because I have the to do list for the house repeating itself in my head at odd hours of the night. Must get the dining room painted. #1 on my list. I have been told the cabinets are coming tomorrow, although I have yet to hear from the delivery company. The dining room is where we plan on storing them until they are installed the beginning of June. I got up early and left My One and Only with PeeWee and got to work. (Big Brother was at his grandmother's house.) I put two coats of the red paint on the dining room and one coat of the blue-green on the entryway walls. I love the colors I have chosen! Very happy with the way the house is coming out. I may never have baseboards but I have color! (Back that up- I do technically have baseboards, I got them for Mother's Day. Getting them installed may never happen.)

Built in appliances, sink and all that, are supposed to arrive with the cabinets and next week, the robin's egg blue refrigerator and matching range. How I miss that fridge. I am just not European enough to want to live out of a dorm refrigerator any longer. It's done it's duty and I will gladly retire it to the back room, to be used if we ever have guests.

Not much knitting here lately. I finished the back and one front for the Kool-Aid sweater. I started one sleeve, too. The yarn for the Rockin' Socks Club came too! It's so pretty. I like knitting with the yarn, but that last colorway was so not my style. I am being good and still working on them though. We call them the ugly socks around here. Very slow progress. It's hard to knit something you don't like the color of. The pattern is nice though. The pattern is part of my Aha! moment with cables, so they are definitely worth it.