Wednesday, May 16, 2007

...clickety click...

First of all, thank you all for so many lovely comments and emails. Things have been hard here the last few days, and I know we're going to face some tough days down the line. The funeral was Monday, it was a lovely service and I am thankful for the degree of closure I feel right now. The outpouring of support I keep seeing and feeling in our online knitting world never ceases to amaze me! What a wonderful place!

It's good to be busy, and the end of May is about as busy as winter holidays for us. It's exam time for Big Brother. We've been less organized than normal and I hope he pulls them off without too much catastrophe. Mark is finally going back up to deal with the other house mess. He put the return trip off with our personal upheaval, but now he just wants to be as busy as possible. It's all work that needs doing. PeeWee is chugging along, being a two and a half year old. (Wearing me out most days.)

I have been working away on every single project I have on needles. Yep, even if it's just a few stitches here and there. I went today to get a pedicure (prime me me me knitting time) and got way up a sock before I saw a glaring mistake. As in a lace heart with a couple of rows missing. Oh well, I am process knitting right now, I actually don't even mind ripping. I may even say "boop boop boop" as the stitches pop apart. (come on, you know you do it too)

I completely dig my Sockapalooza sock, it's very fun. I chose a rich deep color my pal mentioned being a favorite. I did some extra snooping and found out that where she lives is a great place for knee socks in winter, so I have decided to alter a pattern to turn it into knee-highs, something I have never done before! I figure I have until August. I'm about 2/3 down the first leg, having a pattern makes knitting socks so much quicker for me. I have set them aside for the time being though, my addled brain needs a breather, and I so do not want to rip these beauties out.

Rhonda sent me to her friend's blog. She's raising money for her Relay for Life and she's about 1/4 of the way to her goal! Check it out if you have a minute, she has a link on her sidebar to make a donation if you'd like. And please feel free to pass this information on. I believe in the power of women with yarn to change the world. And if anything needs changing, it's cancer.