So, for the last few weeks I have been in that awful half cleaned house state. Where everything is pulled out and nothing is put in the new tidy space yet- Spring Cleaning a few months late.
That was how I noticed the excessive number of WIPs and UFOs around here. They were stuffed everywhere. So were balls of yarn and projects to begin when another is finished.
Yarn and needles in drawers, alongside some other weird things waiting for homes. I have ideas, just not the time for execution.
Out of place craft/idea books, I pull them out of the closet and they seem to never get back up the stairs. They're put away now.
The crafty things that get stuffed into closets, corners and drawers. These were the things from most of downstairs... when you gather them up it's surprising!
And then there's the TV room. I had a few things in there, too. Granted, except for the crewel and the cabbage needlepoint this stuff was tucked away in the drawer, so it's not like I've been actively looking at all this clutter. (Michelle, I know this is killing you...)
I figured out that I have a lot of things to frog but not so many to actually keep as WIPs. I'm hanging on to PeeWee's dress, which is going to have to turn itself into a shirt because I don't have enough of the yarn for a dress, since she keeps shooting up like a weed! PeeWee's dress/shirt is my priority right now. It's straight stockinette all the way until I split things for the raglan sleeves so I hope I can make some good progress on that. It's going to be hot here until October so she'll get wear out of it but I want to be sure she gets as much as possible.
Of course there's also the cardigan, which I won't need until October at least, and there are the cabbage needlepoint, needing the yarn for the background, and the dragonfly needlepoint, which needs a little doctoring. I'm really unhappy with the background. Ripping knitting or crochet is a lot easier than ripping needlepoint. I have to use a seam ripper for that. And pick and pick while hoping I am not stretching out the canvas. I can usually ignore something that looks off but this time it looks plain weird to have such a big background on the ornament so it is going to have to be ripped out. The crewel is about halfway done at this point. It is soft colors I would never have chosen but love. It's for Marky Mark for Christmas. It matches out room.
I promise pics of the WIPs soon. My battery is charging for the camera. So next post, the actual WIPs I am keeping.