Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Gimme something new to knit

Cookie A is kicking my butt. Her Thelonious sock is genius, but very involved, especially with a 2 yr old desperately wanting the row counter. "I NEED that!" I can only sneak in bits and pieces of knitting when she's otherwise distracted, but I just want to knit them and start number two.

I have been fighting the instinct to cast on 48 million different projects. I also have kept myself from the yarn shop, even the one right down the street. I am trying to justify going and spending money by saying I will only be buying yarn for my father's Christmas vest, it's allowed since it is in the goals list, you know... But, I have kept myself reigned in. I just bought very expensive books for Big Brother's freshman year of high school. That's way more than any (fantasy) yarn budget.

I want to start a bunch of new projects because I really like so many yarns in my collection. I finally have ideas for things I can whip up out of the stash. But I have two main projects going, two others set aside, and several little things on needles around the place. Well, maybe I have more things to knit than I realized... Mark's blanket, peeWee's dress, the blue top, the Ginormous socks, the Thelonious socks, a preemie hat, the kimono jacket, geez...more than I realized! Is there more? I'm afraid to run through the house looking.

And still, I want to start something new.