Saturday, February 02, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

So I am sitting here in bed, having eaten my breakfast in bed, had Big Brother bring me my computer in bed and I am thoroughly enjoying myself.


What's on the needles?  The pinwheel jacket- it's not making much progress as I have not had a whole lot of free time the last few days.  There have been crazy schedule changes mid-stream, the norm for us it seems.  It's sitting in a bag on the couch.  PeeWee has decided she is not going to sit by and watch me knit, so the time has been really limited. 

The socks however have been all over with me this week, one is done the other started.  I really enjoy using the Colinette Jitterbug.  This is my third pair with it.  I like having the knitting to go stashed in my bag to be handy all the time.

Tonight I am off to a Mardi Gras ball, which means dressing up completely, something I do so rarely I had to go shopping to get the goods.   Seeing as this is the birthday celebration this year, I decided fun was the word of the day.   So as not to have a post with no pictures here it is:
 
I feel like a bit of a fraud in this getup but it is fun.  The dress was a bargain and the shoes are my birthday gift to myself.

I know this is supposed to be about knitting.  I'll be catching up with all that this week, as my resolutions kick in today, one of them being regular actual knitting posts, how about that?  Why no knitting pictures today?  Well, I would have to get out of bed and I am not ready yet!

How old am I?  I graduated high school at 18 in 1987, you do the math, it's not a milestone, that's next year.