Friday, December 28, 2007

Back to the grind


I keep thinking the holidays are over and the break is over and that we're all back to normal on Monday.  Not so.  Another week off, which we plan to keep as quiet as possible.


We've had family from both sides in town and it's been hectic to say the least.  Throw in a funeral and the planning headache becomes a little too much.  Poor PeeWee is so off her schedule that Marky Mark is passing on the visitation this afternoon and going to be home with her, until the next round of baby sitters this evening.  It's been a very busy week.


Not much time for knitting here at mom's house.  Just trying to clear out the old to make way for the new.  PeeWee scored and the loot from Santa is a bit much.  But she's happy and you are only three once.  Big Brother is still in New York City! for the next few days, returning to us Monday, just in time for the New Year.  For which I never ever make a plan.  I'm the in bed at 10 type.  I just don't get the hype.  I usually hop up out of bed when I hear the fireworks begin though, those are fun!  But I'm not into crowds and noise and drunks so I tend to hang at home and watch from there.  Better view anyway.


Today I hope to pick up the needles again, at least for a short time.  A few minutes might improve my mood just a smidge.  Funny how doing anything creative lifts the mood.  I get cranky if I am not creating something.  Anything will do.  I sewed up a little heart pin to add to my stash of things that need to be photographed so they can be listed on etsy.  I have a few things to add over there.