Saturday, December 01, 2007

We have a winner!

Actually we have three.  But first allow me to apologize for the delay in announcing the winners.  I know a contest that ended two days ago with no prizes announced yet is a serious offense.  But we've been up to our eyeballs in sick kids here and this afternoon I finally got a chance to get photographs and get online for more than a millisecond.  


PeeWee picked names for me in two groups, those who knit and shared their knitted items with me and everyone together.

Monique, who also happened to also be the busiest knitter, won the big prize of the Cherry Tree Hill yarn, it is luscious.  Scrumptious.  I hope she can turn it into something absolutely beautiful.


The second name PeeWee picked from the active knitters was Christina who wins this lovely lace weight yarn.  This stuff is seriously soft.  It should turn itself into something gorgeous.



The third winner is from the entire group and PeeWee picked... Kenyetta!  She wins these really nifty See Jayne Knit stitch markers.  I want to keep them for myself.  They are darn cute.


I am very fond of all these prizes and am glad to send them off to their new homes.  They are things I want to knit with someday so I hope they are well loved!

I had a lot of fun with this one and I am going to try to keep doing the contest.  Hopefully we'll have even more participants in the future.  I made the commitment to be making preemie things this time of year when PeeWee was released from the hospital and I know I will keep making them for a long time.  If you have any preemie knitting that needs a home and you would like to send it to me email me. I'll be happy to wash and deliver things through out the year. I bring them in a few times a year, when I have enough to wash and pack up. I'll be bringing these in next week, since I am going in for a meeting at the hospital.

Thanks again to all of you who made someone's day a little brighter by making a tiny little hat or other goodie for the littlest babies we ever get to meet!