Monday, January 22, 2007

Disaster averted

I laid out my knitting carefully, had camera in hand and was ready to shoot a picture when, darn it, the camera battery was dead. Went to get a backup and since I only turned my eyes away for 3 seconds, you can bet PeeWee got her hands on my knitting. The giant gasp I practically yelled out scared her half to death and she stopped pulling out the needle just before the end. She stepped back, clearly knowing she had made a mistake and stayed away long enough for me to slide the stitches back onto the needle. If you look closely you can see the only stitches actually on the needle are the last 10 or so. ::sigh:: Did I mention how glad I am she didn't get ahold of it after she pulled the stitches off? This yarn just wants to unknit itself.


I stuffed the stitches back on the needle so tightly it's rediculous, layed the top out not quite as neatly as before and got a picture as fast as I could. Almost not fast enough, you can see she's rolling it up along the edge. She just can't wait to get her mitts on it.


Hard to tell with such a fabulous photo, but I have almost completed the back. I decided to go with a scoop-neck shell instead of a t-shirt. I have no idea yet how I am going to do the front, but hopefully it'll be to my liking when it's all done. The edge ribbing is curling in on itself in a way I am not happy with, so I may rip it out and knit down another edging. I hope it'll block nicely instead because I like the look of the 2x2 rib.

Tonight is date night, but I'm on my own. Mark is taking Big Brother to an all ages concert. You couldn't pay me to do that. Maybe I shouldn't actually admit it out loud though. I am sure they will have fun. It starts at 6 since it's a week night. No idea what bands are playing even. I think I'm going to go to the bookstore then dinner with a friend. Looking forward to it. I need to escape this house.