Monday, January 29, 2007

Knitting Gloves



I have everything all ready to start a striped sweater but decided I wanted something small and easily portable to work on for a bit. I bought the red white and blue sock yarn last week and knitted up a swatch and decided I really needed fingerless gloves. And boy are they ugly. I should have put thought into the color repeats, because they are really funny looking. And I am working without a pattern, so I hope they are even slightly usefull when they are finished. There's a chance I will rip them back if they are just too silly, but at this point I am forging ahead. Big Brother says "at least no one will steal them". Mark says they are knitting gloves, since there are no fingers. Gloves I can knit in. Maybe that's why I am still finishing them.