Sunday, March 16, 2008

Must Knit Socks

I dyed this yarn a while back with Christina for one of our crafty days.  I cleaned everything up in my yarn closet a while back and it's been peeking through it's container smiling at me for a while now.  Even though it was in the 80s yesterday I still want to knit wool socks.  Must be something wrong with me.  Today it's cool and dry and gorgeous, perfect spring weather.  


I'm planning on winding this up in a bit and casting on something fun.  The yellow to red combo reminds me of warm weather and spring flowers.  PeeWee and I planted our nasturtium seeds a few weeks ago and they have sprouted much to her delight.  She's going to go crazy when they start to bloom!  Nasturtiums are my favorite thing to plant.  We grew up with them in our front flower beds, and my parents have them still every year.  

Today is the St Patrick's Day parade in our neighborhood.  It is completely something I can absolutely do without but I think we are going.  We were invited to a crawfish boil across the street from my in-law's house, where we lived next door for a few years.  So I do feel obligated.  And here I was looking forward to a lazy day with just me and my sewing machine.  Darn.