Thursday, April 12, 2007

Aqua, aqua, everywhere


I jump started myself out of my rut. With what? Socks of course! I made a lacy-cabley-ribish cuff and stockinette on the foot. These are a little wide for my fat feet, Mark has them on right now and says "comfortable, very comfortable" PeeWee pulled one off and is fighting him for the other. She snagged them and brought them to me, saying "that Mommy's" Good girl. Oh wait, she has them on now. And she's skating down the hall trailing them off her feet...



Colinette Jitterbug yarn. I like it. I didn't even pay attention to that pooling. The knitting gods like me and pooling I guess. And there is a right and left foot with this pair, so I really lucked out.

So I got out the books (of which I have quite a collection) and was looking through my much depleted yarn stash and decided on the poncho on the cover of Vogue Knitting on the go series Ponchos. I'm using up the Classic Elite Two.Two yarn I bought on sale a few weeks ago. I know I don't have enough of any one color to finish in solid so it's going to be a striped huge cable poncho. Uh... we'll see. I like it so far, but when the white runs out and I start with the purple... well...