Friday, April 13, 2007

Wow.

I am not sure how well this is going to show up, but here goes....



GLOW IN THE DARK YARN.

How cool is that. I am dropping everything to knit up some glowing socks. Oh yeah. I am so excited about this new find I got from Woolstock. It is softer than I thought it would be, kind of like a cheap acrylic. Good for stripes or an intarsia section on a sweater. Not a whole garment, although I might be tempted...

It really glows well, it's hard to photograph because I just don't know enough about my camera to be able to set it slow enough to gather the little bit of light it was emitting from the 3 seconds I let it "charge". I threw it in the cabinet, in a bowl, ha ha, to try to find a dark enough spot to capture it's oh so fancy green glow. Sorry for the funky quality, I was too giddy to get out the tripod for a steady long exposure. Ooooo! I can't wait unti the kids seee this!